Were you hooked to your television screen when Shark Tank was airing? We were! It reaffirmed the need for having a startup marketing plan in place for businesses.
Forming a strategy requires extensive research and an understanding of the market. Consumer perception, the nature of the product, and intuition of social media presence are necessary for a startup to prosper.
India has the 3rd largest startup ecosystem in the world!
India has always been a hub for entrepreneurship and it is only becoming more vibrant. With so many new startups in place, it’s important to stand out and reach out to potential customers. Here are some pointers on startup digital marketing strategies which will work like magic to promote your business!
Marketing is imperative for startups to set themselves apart from competing businesses. A process is involved – you need to develop a strategy, connect with the audience, and assess the success of your campaigns and whether they are working.
A startup is a wordplay that translates to becoming an entrepreneur and opening one’s own business. Your startup will have innovative products or services and will be in the early stages of brand management. Hence, you need a proper startup marketing strategy to match your competition in the industry.
To form the best startup marketing plan, make sure you follow these steps:
First of all, know that each startup has different characteristics. So before you start with a startup marketing strategy, you need a clear idea about:
• Your goals as they depend upon what you want to achieve. Is it raising brand awareness or acquiring new customers?
• The kind of audience you’ll be targeting so your startup reaches the right people.
• Establish yourself where there is high demand in the market. Conduct market research about the kind of products/services people are seeking.
• Have a clear idea of your budget. This is essential to assess which startup digital marketing strategy you can effectively use.
Being present on only one platform will restrict you from being able to reach your potential customers. It’s recommended that you are present on these key channels:
• Website: It will let you be in touch with your audience around the clock and redirect them to a landing page.
• Email: This will help you to build relationships with your customers and update them about your services, content, and products.
• Social Media: especially sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Content Marketing: sharing content like blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, and podcasts. Engage with your audience based on what they like to see from a business.
As you have a budgetary constraint, it’s recommended to assess whether your startup marketing strategy is working.
• Set and track your key performance indicators like website traffic, social shares, increase in audience, etc.
• Keep testing different startup marketing plans and make required adjustments if they aren’t working.
• Observe your audience and see what engages them the most.
Maintaining an excellent startup digital marketing strategy is not a mammoth task but it requires an eagle’s eye of industrial experts (hello, have we met?) to make it a success. Once you outline your startup marketing plan, you need to execute the ideas which suit your plan. Don’t worry, we got you covered with that as well!
As veteran players in startup digital marketing strategies, we can say that diving blindly into forming marketing strategies won’t help you with confirmed success. So, here are some startup marketing ideas to give you an understanding of what you’ll need to target for success!
• If your budget permits, invest in paid ads like PPC (pay-per-click) or LinkedIn Ads. However, before engaging in ads, be clear about your goals and budget, and keep on assessing their success.
• You should be active on your social media channels and business pages. According to a HubSpot report, 77% of marketers said that social media marketing has been effective for their company.
• Leverage user-generated content to tell your story, it will be much more effective than big-budget social media campaigns. More so, because new users usually trust the experience of other brand customers.
• Make sure your content is Search Engine Optimized (SEO) to rank better on search engines, increase your web traffic, and reach a new audience. With optimized keywords, you’ll be able to build your organic search.
• Give some offers to your visitors when they visit you for the first time. It will make them curious about your product!
A successful startup marketing strategy develops after several hits and trials. Initial marketing may seem like an intimidating task for you because you’ll need to properly assess the market you’ll cater to. However, having experienced startup marketers can boost your marketing plans and strategies.
Of course, you don’t need to go on a hunt for industrial experts when we are right here. We can together make your business a hit!
Bright Brain is a Digital Marketing and Advertising Agency with a focus on building digital solutions for Branding and Increased Sales efficiency. Our expertise includes Digital Advertising, Campaign must-have Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Development, and Online Branding. Our Google Partnership brings a unique opportunity to work with the internal team at Google, adding even more value to our team & clients.