Changes in the digital landscape in the last 10 years has bought about changes in the way we respond and react to content on various devices and platforms.In the year 2000, the average human concentration span was 12 seconds, with a rapid decline in 2015 making it 8 seconds while the average attention span of a goldfish is believed to be around 9 seconds. This should say a lot, as various studies show that heavy social media users and avid users of digital platforms are shown to have more intermittent bursts of high attention span. The study by technology giant Microsoft did however find that the ability of humans to multitask has improved.Keeping this in mind, marketers key focus is to find ways to grab the attention of their customers and keep them engaged.
A powerful way to communicate your brand story, build relationships with your customers and engage them fully is by working on video marketing strategies. As digital marketing strategies evolve recent statistics show that this strategy is working very well and that video marketing is no longer an up and coming marketing tactic. In the past couple of years the digital landscape has changed and more and more people are accessing content on the go, anytime and everywhere.
Here are some statistics shared by HubSpot to give you some insight and understanding on how popular video marketing is becoming:
- Adding a video in an email leads to 200% - 300% click through rate.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- YouTube reports that mobile video consumption sees a 100% rise every year.
- People are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.
- 50% of executives look for more information after viewing a video.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching videos.
- 90% of users say that product videos help in decision making
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- If people enjoy video ads the purchase intent increases by 97% and brand association by 139%.
- Video is projected to claim 80% of all web traffic by 2019
So you see video has captivated its audiences and is an extremely useful tool to use to put yourself and your business out there. If you are going to get into video ads yourself here are some pointers to keep in mind.
- Since the general video quality as of today has surpassed anything we have ever been used to, more and more people are accustomed to viewing better quality videos it is important to firstly make sure that the camera you use to make your video campaigns is able to capture high quality videos.
- Content on your video should be streamlined and all the elements of your video shouldn't be rushed but put together well. The post production of the video is vital to bringing out the wow effect.
- Make sure audio is cleaned well and there isnâ€™t too much noise in the background.
- The video quality shouldnâ€™t be grainy and should be color graded well to create a mood suitable for the viewers. Videos shouldn't be lengthy.